[CMake] newbie Q: SET command

Miguel A. Figueroa-Villanueva miguelf at ieee.org
Sat Jun 17 19:03:06 EDT 2006

On 6/17/06, kdsfinger at gmail.com <kdsfinger at gmail.com> wrote:
> I have the following line in a CMakeList.txt
>
> SET(SimpleViewSrcs $(SimpleViewSrcs) SimpleView3.cxx)
>
> What does $(SimpleViewSrcs) stands for? I used the
> MESSAGE($(SimpleViewSrcs)) and prints out:
> main.cxxSimpleView3.cxx
>
> Can someone explain what main.cxxSimpleView3.cxx stands for? I checked
> the cmake manual and see this:
> #  SET: Set a CMAKE variable to a given value.
<snip>

>   SET(VAR VALUE1 ... VALUEN).
>
> In this case VAR is set to a semicolon separated list of values.

This is the one your looking for... Basically, it is setting the
VARiable "SimpleViewSrcs" to whatever it had before VALUE1
"$(SimpleViewSrcs)" and VALUE2 "SimpleView3.cxx". In other words,
appending SimpleView3.cxx to the source list contained in
SimpleViewSrcs. Of course, $(SimpleViewSrcs) is expanding to the
contents of the variable in this case main.cxx.

SET(SimpleViewSrcs $(SimpleViewSrcs) SimpleView3.cxx)

<snip>

> I did not see the answer to my case. Thanks for help.

read more carefully :)

--Miguel