[CMake] CPack and install_name_tool on the Mac

Karl Merkley karl at elemtech.com
Fri Jun 16 11:39:46 EDT 2006

Does CPack have any ability to help with the install_name_tool on the
Mac?  Mac applications avoid DLL hell by creating an application
bundle that is really a directory structure that includes the
application, the resources, and the shared libraries used by the
application.   My understanding is that the install_name_tool
essentially modifies the RPATH of the distributed application so that
it looks for the shared libraries in the bundle rather than some
random location.   I have a script that I run to make this all work,
but it has to be modified as libraries change.  Or, if I somehow
forget to run this step the whole distribution is bad.   Does CPack
help with this?

    Thanks,
          Karl