[CMake] another RPATH problem

Brad King brad.king at kitware.com
Thu Jun 15 16:43:21 EDT 2006

Alexander Neundorf wrote:
> Would it be possible to apply it also to the 2.4 branch, but maybe keep it undocumented until it has proven its usefulness ?
> I can test it on my machine, but it can get wider testing (KDE) only if it goes into the 2.4 branch.

We'll merge it to the 2.4 branch for the 2.4.3 release.  You can just
test if from the CVS version because currently there has been no new
development that won't be put on 2.4.

> Is it actually possible to query the cmake patch level from within cmake files ? The last time I tried it didn't work. From the second run on one can use CMAKE_CACHE_RELEASE_VERSION, but this is empty on the first run.

It is now in CVS and it will be in 2.4.3, and if CMAKE_PATCH_VERSION is
not set you can assume an earlier version.

> If this would be possible I could adjust the RPATH handling depending on the cmake version without requiring everybody to update his cmake.

If you set the target property for the new feature but the CMake version
is 2.4.2 nothing will happen because it ignores unknown properties.

-Brad