[CMake] output a string instead of a list

Brandon J. Van Every bvanevery at gmail.com
Mon Jun 12 06:00:54 EDT 2006

Peter Kümmel wrote:

> I had recently a similar problem, until I found this solution:
>
> SET(CMAKE_CXX_FLAGS_DEBUG "${CMAKE_CXX_FLAGS_DEBUG} -Zi -wd4996 -wd4800")
>
> The point was to enclose ALSO the ${CMAKE_CXX_FLAGS_DEBUG} into the two quotes.
>

> Hope this is a better hint.
> Peter

Bah.  I finally found the problem.  All of my string handling was
correct.  I was passing arguments to a CMake script using
INCLUDE(${CMAKE_CURRENT_BINARY_DIR}/vars.cmake) because there are no
command line arguments for scripts in CMake 2.4.2.  *That* file was
missing the quotes.  Bah!  Well I look forward to being able to pass
command line arguments in the next release.  This is another reason why
they're needed: people will be forever breaking their own homebrew hacks
around the problem.  That one only cost me, oh, 2 hours at least.

Cheers,
Brandon Van Every