[CMake] Re: VTK /Cmake OSX universal binary quality dashboards

Dan White dan at chalkie.org.uk
Thu Jun 8 05:30:34 EDT 2006

On 7 Jun 2006, at 21:52, Sean McBride wrote:

> On 2006-06-07 20:23, Dan White said:
>
>> Maybe I/We/someone should also submit an OSX universal binary VTK
>> quality dashboard built on a PPC.
>
> I build vtk every night (well, I just noticed its been broken for a
> few
> weeks!  But its back now) but I don't believe I build as universal
> because of bug 3059, as I pointed out in another thread.
>
> If you are interested in working towards having a Universal VTK, I
> strongly encourage your to read 3059 and contribute ideas.

Hi,

looking at that bug report, and from recent posts and discussions I
suggest that Cmake needs some added features to enable universal or
whatever cross compile builds
to have the different compiler flags for each architecture, and
correct  settings for each architecture, along with changes in VTK
code to work properly in intel OSX if needed.

I suppose that's obvious though...?
I wish I could be more constructive and suggest things in more detail,
but its beyond my understanding, not being educated in computer science.

I will help out in any way that i can though...

Dan

Dr. Daniel James White BSc. (Hons.) PhD
Bioimaging Coordinator
Nanoscience Centre and Department of Biological and Environmental
Sciences
Division of Molecular Recognition
Ambiotica C242
PO Box 35