[CMake] Re: Make VTK OSX universal binaries with CMAKE_OSX_ARCHITECTURES ppc; i386

Dan White dan at chalkie.org.uk
Wed Jun 7 13:12:23 EDT 2006

Hi Sean and all,

...so it looks like all one needs to do to make a universal OSX build
of vTK is have the universal developer tools from apple installed,
then configure in ccmake . using
CMAKE_OSX_ARCHITECTURES          ppc;i386

and lo and behold universal versions containing i386 and ppc code of
the unix executables AND OS X .dylib
shared libraries are built!
All the lipo stuff does in fact happen automagically and i wont have
to bother doing it manually as i feared...

Cool!

However, my VTK CVS yesterday downoal build is still failing with
undefined symbols at the linking stage for  Graphics.....

cheers

Dan

dan at chalkie.org.uk
white at cc.jyu.fi