[CMake] Exports/imports with DLLs for Borland and OpenWatcom

Thiadmer Riemersma thiadmer.riemersma at gmail.com
Tue Jun 6 10:29:10 EDT 2006

Hello everyone,

I am having trouble making a CMakeList.txt that works with multiple
compilers; and especially with Borland and openwatcom 1.4 (using CMake
2.4).

With Borland C++, the CMake generated makefile passes the DEF file on
to the Borland compiler, which then complains that the DEF file is
invalid C/C++ (which is true). I was hoping that CMake added the DEF
file to the linker files (not to the compiler sources).

With openwatcom, the DEF file is apparently ignored --which is good,
because Watcom does not use DEF files. However, every attempt to get
CMake add the required "exp=" switch to the linker settings failed.

Can anyone give me some guidance, please?

By the way, I am using CMake because I am maintaining a cross-platform
(open source) product. The goal is to provide it with a cross-platform
"makefile".

Thanks in advance,
Thiadmer Riemersma