[CMake] Problem of Compiling VTK5.0 with Qt GUI Support in Win2000

Haifeng Zhao fsmountain at gmail.com
Sun Jun 4 09:22:30 EDT 2006

Hi guys,

I am trying to compile VTK5.0 with Qt GUI Support in Windows 2000 that has
Qt Open-Sourced 4.1.2 and CMake 2.4.2 installed.

After QVTK is enabled in CMake, configuring it will prompt a message of
"QtCore/QtGUI library is not found". This was because CMake did not find Qt
libraries with prefix "lib" and suffix ".a". At the end, I found a solution,
that was to modify the "CMake/Share/Modules/Windows.cmake" file and change
the library prefix and suffix value to the following,

SET(CMAKE_FIND_LIBRARY_PREFIXES "lib")
SET(CMAKE_FIND_LIBRARY_SUFFIXES ".a")

After that, CMake was able to find all the Qt libraries and a Makefile was
generated successfully. Then I used "nmake" to start compiling. However, an
error (" libQtCore4.a.lib" is not found) was displayed during linking
QVTK.dll with other Qt libraries.

I realised the problem was also from the "Windows.cmake" file. Since
SET(CMAKE_LINK_LIBRARY_SUFFIX ".lib"), all Qt libraries are added extension
of ".lib" during linking. Then I changed the setting to
SET(CMAKE_LINK_LIBRARY_SUFFIX ""). After that, linking Qt libraries become
possible, however, linking the other libraries are not possible. Because
there are libraries with extension ".lib".

Does anyone know how to solve this problem, i.e. to let CMake recognise all
libraries with either extension of ".a" or ".lib". I will greatly appreciate
your help.

--
Kind Regards,
 Haifeng Zhao