[CMake] Question about Windows support.

James Mansion james at wgold.demon.co.uk
Sat Jun 3 04:35:20 EDT 2006

 >  MinGW / MSYS and Cygwin are fine also.  Windows != Visual Studio.  :-)

In 20-something years working (mostly in investment backs) on systems with
Win32 and UNIX deployment, I've *never* seen a team deploy C or C++ on
Win32 with gcc.

VisualStudio is number 1 by an enormous margin.  Let's try and keep it in
focus - but one of the things VS is not so good at is keeping consistency
across
very large numbers of targets, especially when you have external libraries
with their own solutions.  CMake can be a big help even to VS only shops,
but it does need finessing in places - I find that the generated projects
Do The Right Thing but don't always reflect settings properly in the
Properties
viewers, which is a pain.