[CMake] Feature request: MESSAGE(WARNING ...)

Brandon J. Van Every bvanevery at gmail.com
Thu Jun 1 02:22:40 EDT 2006

I would like a MESSAGE(WARNING ...) feature.  This would pop up a dialog
box in CMakeSetup, or readily appear in a display on CCMake, but it
wouldn't skip the generation.  It would get the user's attention that
there's something not quite right about what's going to happen with the
build, but that it's not a dealbreaker.  For instance, I need Chicken
2.310 to generate .exports files, but if the available Chicken is too
low, I can still do the build.  There just won't be any .exports files.
The user should know this because it's important, and there's something
they can do about it.  Namely, obtain a higher Chicken or compile it a
2nd time.

On the command line, a WARNING would display the same as a STATUS.  The
problem is with the CMakeSetup and CCMake front ends.  There's no good
way to communicate information except by SEND_ERROR.

Cheers,
Brandon Van Every