[CMake] SONAME issue solved for Fortran shared libraries for cmake-2.4.2

Alan W. Irwin irwin at beluga.phys.uvic.ca
Sat Jul 29 13:23:06 EDT 2006

On 2006-07-28 15:23-0700 Alan W. Irwin wrote:

> One other issue: until this bug gets fixed in cmake and a release made, how
> can I change my project so that it uses my (modified) version of Linux.cmake
> rather than the Cmake one?  I want to avoid requiring all Plplot users to
> patch the Cmake-2.4.2 version of Linux.cmake in order to use our new CMake
> build system on Linux.

Never mind.  I found by experimentation that if I put

if(CMAKE_SYSTEM_NAME STREQUAL "Linux")
  set(CMAKE_SHARED_LIBRARY_SONAME_Fortran_FLAG "-Wl,-soname,")
endif(CMAKE_SYSTEM_NAME STREQUAL "Linux")

right after the project invocation, this was equivalent to placing
this missing set command in Linux.cmake.

Alan
Alan W. Irwin

package (plplot.org); the Yorick front-end to PLplot (yplot.sf.net); the
Loads of Linux Links project (loll.sf.net); and the Linux Brochure Project
(lbproject.sf.net).