[CMake] CMakeSetup broken, fails in the root directory

Dataflow dataflow at mtnl.net.in
Fri Jul 28 03:23:03 EDT 2006

----- Original Message -----
From: "Brandon J. Van Every" <bvanevery at gmail.com>
To: "cmake" <cmake at cmake.org>
Sent: Thu, 27 Jul 2006 11:32 PM
Subject: Re: [CMake] CMakeSetup broken, fails in the root directory

> Dataflow wrote:
> >
> > 1. Checked out CMake, in i:/tmp/CMake
> > 2. Created a 'winbuild' dir inside it: i:/tmp/CMake/winbuild
> > 3. To 2.4.2, gave source as 'i:/tmp/CMake', build destination as
> > 'i:/tmp/CMake/winbuild'.
> >

> I don't think putting your build directory as a subdirectory of the
> source directory sounds like a good practice.  But I'll let the experts
> comment on whether that's expected.

Hi Brandon,

I have been doing that for years, it keeps all the files for a project
within a single directory (identified with the project name).

Not only that, for some projects, I have both winbuild and linbuild within
the source directory so that I can compile Windows and Linux builds from the
same sources and a single CMakeLists.txt file. This is possible as the i:
drive is my home directory on Linux Samba server, mapped from windows! CMake
is *really* useful here as it ensures true cross-platform builds for such a
setup.

(Btw, any ideas how pushing a 'tool' button from DevStudio (after editing a
file) can start the Linux re-build as well ? ;))

Regards,
- Rajiv