[CMake] CMakeSetup broken, fails in the root directory

Dataflow dataflow at mtnl.net.in
Thu Jul 27 12:02:48 EDT 2006

----- Original Message -----
From: "William A. Hoffman" <billlist at nycap.rr.com>
To: "Dataflow" <dataflow at vsnl.com>; <cmake at cmake.org>
Sent: Thu, 27 Jul 2006 9:05 PM
Subject: Re: [CMake] CMakeSetup broken, fails in the root directory

> At 11:24 AM 7/27/2006, Dataflow wrote:
>

> >Sigh ~ Same results with 2.4.2....
> >Any other hints? Should I check anything manually?
> I am not sure what are the paths you are using?   Post
> the whole process of what you are doing to create the build,
> and any warnings or errors encountered during the process.
> Nmake Makefiles is another option as well, but you have to
> run CMakeSetup from a vcvars32.bat shell for vc6.
>

> -Bill

1. Checked out CMake, in i:/tmp/CMake
2. Created a 'winbuild' dir inside it: i:/tmp/CMake/winbuild
3. To 2.4.2, gave source as 'i:/tmp/CMake', build destination as
'i:/tmp/CMake/winbuild'.
4. I am getting the error:

Can not find: i:/tmp/CMake/winbuild/CMakeTmp/src.c
while performing Test VA_LIST_IS_NOT_ARRAY_DEFINE

Followed with "Try Compile configure of Cmake failed."

5. A little investigation shows that only two files contain reference to
'src.c':
i:\tmp\CMake\Utilities\cmxmlrpc\CMake\TryCompileFromSource.cmake
i:\tmp\CMake\Modules\CheckCSourceCompiles.cmake

The first one tries to copy 'src2.c' to 'src.c'. There does exist the file
'src2.c' with the following contents in i:\tmp\CMake\winbuild\CMakeTmp ----
-------
#include <stdio.h>
#include <stdarg.h>
#include <wchar.h>

int main() { int x __attribute__((__unused__)) ; return 0; }
------
Of cource, the macros defined in these files would be used from a number of
places, so it still might be difficult to track. Does
'VA_LIST_IS_NOT_ARRAY_DEFINE' give you any hint?

6. Can try nmake only tommorow. Now closing for the day..
7. Can wait till the next release in case you don't have time to follow this
build error. I can live with the work-around till then.

Thanks,
- Rajiv