[CMake] EXECUTE_PROCESS or ADD_CUSTOM_COMMAND?

fuchsrich at se-core.net fuchsrich at se-core.net
Tue Jul 25 14:40:49 EDT 2006

I need to compile a code generator, run the code generator, then compile the
code that the code generator produces.  Do I need to complie the generator,
then use the EXECUTE_PROCESS command to run it, then have the generated code
compiled, or should I use the ADD_CUSTOM_COMMAND somehow?

The code generator is in a dir like such:
common/code_generator/*.java
and the output is put here:
common/code_generator_output/*.cpp

The code that is generated is based on an .xsd file, so I don't know what the
file names will be of the generated code until it is created.

Thanks
Richard