[CMake] CTest and devenv command line issues

Anton Deguet anton.deguet at jhu.edu
Tue Jul 25 14:23:01 EDT 2006

Hello,

I am trying to setup a couple of nightly builds on a single Windows box.
Since the build requires DLLs (to test our __declspec and Python
wrappers), I have been trying to use the MSVC devenv command line
with /useenv to set the DLL and Python search paths per build.  I have
something almost working but I am stuck whenever I try to submit to
Dart.  Here is what works (in a small batch script):

@rem Go to the build directory
c:
cd "C:\users\anton\dart-build\msvc7.1-dynamic-IDE\build"

@rem Set the env. variables.
call cisstvsvars.bat
call cisstvars.bat Release

@rem Clean and build
devenv /useenv /clean Release /project ALL_BUILD
devenv /useenv /build Release /project ALL_BUILD
devenv /useenv /build Release /project RUN_TESTS

At that point, my test programs can find the DLLs and run successfully
but, as expected, nothing gets submitted to my Dart2 dashboard.

The following two won't work:
devenv /useenv /build Release /project Nightly
"C:\Program Files\CMake 2.4\bin\ctest.exe" -C Release -D Nightly

The error message is that the DLLs are not found.  I looks like at one
point my environment variables have been dropped.

Any clue?  I am using CMake 2.4.2.

Anton

--
Anton Deguet <anton.deguet at jhu.edu>