[CMake] CMakelists.txt non-trivial examples?

Richard Fuchs fuchsrich at se-core.net
Mon Jul 24 16:55:32 EDT 2006

I'm setting up the build environment for our project and I've been looking
around to find some examples of how to create CMakelists.txt files and the
only examples I've come across so far are the trivial ones on the cmake page
and the crazy convoluted ones (well, from my novice perspective) from kde,
vtk and such.

Are there any other places that I can look to find some examples while I
wait for my cmake book to arrive in the mail?  Any pointers would be useful.
Thanks

The project is a mixture of java and C++.  I'll have multiple executables
created from common libraries (in our jargon, many Products reusing the same
Component(s)) and there's a code generator that creates an unknown number of
files that the rest of the project has a dependency on.  The dir structure
looks kinda like what's below

Project

            Common (same structure as below)

            Components (same structure as below)

            Products (same structure as below)

            Services

                        Service_a (same structure as below)

                        Service_b (same structure as below)

                        Service_c

                                    Bin

                                    Docs

                                    Lib

                                    Src

                                    Test

I just downloaded the cmake source, so maybe that'll shed some light on
things.

Thanks

Richard