[CMake] Advanced ctest scripting and CTEST_CONFIGURATION_TYPE

Miguel A. Figueroa-Villanueva miguelf at ieee.org
Thu Jul 20 11:44:37 EDT 2006

On 7/20/06, Mike Talbot <mtalbot at abingdon.oilfield.slb.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have a bunch of tests that are created with something like this:
>
> ADD_TEST(mytest "executable_dir/${CTEST_CONFIGURATION_TYPE}/mytest.exe")
>
> Running these with "ctest -C Debug" or "ctest -C Release" works fine.
> However I want to create a ctest script to build and test my project and
> it looks roughly like this:

<snip>

> The only way I can get this to work as expected is to set
> CTEST_BUILD_CONFIGURATION to Debug in the script and also specify -C
> Debug on the command line.  Is there a way around this or am I doing
> something wrong?

This has been reported several times to the list... try doing a search
to see if you can find any hints, but I think you pretty much figured
out how to work around it. Currently, it is reported as Bug #2336
(http://www.cmake.org/Bug). You are welcome to add any comments, I
guess.

Hope this helps.
--Miguel