[CMake] Cmake and external build GUI

Francesco Montorsi f18m_cpp217828 at yahoo.it
Wed Jul 19 14:14:15 EDT 2006

Hi all,
     I'm involved in a project (about a package manager) which needs to
be able to build source packages which are using a cmake-based build system.

Since I'm quite new to cmake, I'm asking you some help about the
following question:

is it possible to launch cmake with a given set of options which have
chosen by the user from an extern program ?

I.e. from my program I need to be able to call cmake.exe to generate
makefiles for some user-chosen compiler with the set of options & their
values still chosen by the user, overriding any eventually present CMake
GUI for that platform (e.g. the GUI program which comes with cmake for
windows).

I then also need to be able to start the compilation of the
cmake-generated makefiles but this should be easy I think (e.g. just
calling "nmake.exe" in the root dir of the project to build).

Thanks,
Francesco