[CMake] creating a project without CXX

Clive Crous clive at darkarts.co.za
Sat Jul 15 10:08:09 EDT 2006

Hi,

I'm busy trying to convert my first project to CMake. It just uses ansi c, no
c++.  I don't even have c++ installed, yet when I try run cmake I get errors
with regard to not being able to find the CXX compiler.  How do I skip this
check ?

Thanks.

I get the following:

% cmake ./
-- Check for working CXX compiler: CMAKE_CXX_COMPILER_FULLPATH-NOTFOUND
CMake Error: your CXX compiler: CMAKE_CXX_COMPILER_FULLPATH-NOTFOUND was not
found in your path.   For CMake to correctly use try compile commands, the
compiler must be in your path.   Please add the compiler to your PATH
environment, and re-run CMake.
CMake Error: Internal CMake error, TryCompile configure of cmake failed
-- Check for working CXX compiler: CMAKE_CXX_COMPILER_FULLPATH-NOTFOUND --
broken
The C++ compiler "CMAKE_CXX_COMPILER_FULLPATH-NOTFOUND" is not able to compile
a simple test program.
It fails with the following output:

CMake will not be able to correctly generate this project.
CMake Error: your CXX compiler: CMAKE_CXX_COMPILER_FULLPATH-NOTFOUND was not
found in your path.   For CMake to correctly use try compile commands, the
compiler must be in your path.   Please add the compiler to your PATH
environment, and re-run CMake.
-- Configuring done

--
Clive Crous