[CMake] Problem with including resource files for visual studio .NET when using 2.4.2

Jan Woetzel jw at mip.informatik.uni-kiel.de
Thu Jul 13 13:04:32 EDT 2006

Neumann, Jan (SCR US) wrote:

> I assume this come from the fact that I simply  include all the
> resource files (both binary and text files)
> SET(PedDetectVDO_RESOURCES
> VehicleDetectApp.rc
> res/VehicleDetectApp.ico
> res/VehicleDetectApp.rc2
> res/Toolbar.bmp
> res/VehicleDetectApp.manifest
> res/VehicleDetectAppDoc.ico
> )

Hi Jan,
I think the toplevel .rc already contains the other resources (.ico,
.bmp, .. ) right?
Did you try to add only the .rc to the sources?

> IF (VISUAL_IDE)
>   ADD_EXECUTABLE(PedDetectVDO  WIN32
>               ${PedDetectVDO_SRCS}
>               ${PedDetectVDO_HEADER}
>               ${PedDetectVDO_RESOURCES})
> ELSE (VISUAL_IDE)
>   ADD_EXECUTABLE(PedDetectVDO  WIN32
>               ${PedDetectVDO_SRCS})
> ENDIF (VISUAL_IDE)

By the way -
This looks very much like you are using my "DefineFlags.cmake" from our
BIAS library.
It doesn't harm - but you don't need the IF on VISUAL_IDE for headers
anymore.
CMake 2.4.2 is automatically ignoring .h and .hh files in makefile
generators, now.
However, you may need the IF for .rc files.

Best,
Jan.

--

  Dipl.-Ing. Jan Woetzel