[CMake] passing a list to a CMake script

Sylvain Benner benner at virtools.com
Thu Jul 13 04:52:53 EDT 2006

Hi,

> ${CMAKE_COMMAND} -DMYLIST="${whatever}" -P myscript.cmake
>
> MYLIST comes through as a string.  In myscript.cmake, I've been
> reconstructing the string into a list, on the risky assumption that
> blank spaces " "should be converted to semicolons ";" .  Is there a
> cleaner way to pass a list to a CMake script?

You can check this command SEPARATE_ARGUMENTS :

 SEPARATE_ARGUMENTS
        Split  space  separated  arguments  into  a semi-colon separated
        list.

          SEPARATE_ARGUMENTS(VARIABLE)

        Convert the value of VARIABLE to a  semi-colon  separated  list.
        All  spaces  are  replaced with ';'.  This helps with generating
        command lines.

Sylvain