[CMake] Getting Started Questions

Peter Kahn citizenkahn at gmail.com
Mon Jul 10 17:25:16 EDT 2006

I've been looking for a good cross platform build/project definition system
for some time.  I have built my own, looked at Scons and Cmake.  Cmake's
support for the various IDEs upon which my developers wish to work has
tipped the balance.  I've read through "Mastering Cmake" and am chomping at
the bit to jump in and start trying to figure out what the dance between
cmake and my project's code will look like.  I'm trying to go cautiously so
I don't wind up fighting against cmake by not doing things in the cmake
way.  To minimize the risk of this I have downloaded VTK and am looking to
that as a Best-Practices example.

Are there any other methods of for me to better understand cmake idioms in a
large scale project?  I'm trying to do that Bruce Eckel 'Thinking in Cmake"
kind of thing....

Thanks for the help.
--
Peter Kahn