[CMake] CMake and VC-80 configurations

Alex Makarenko alexei at cas.edu.au
Mon Jul 10 02:18:56 EDT 2006

Thanks a lot Brad,

Using \${CTEST_CONFIGURATION_TYPE} works. Is there some official document
where I could look up these variables in the future?

Regarding "-C Debug" option, I've seconded Miguel's feature request on the web
site.

alex

On Thursday 06 July 2006 00:53, you wrote:
> Alex Makarenko wrote:
> > High all,
> >
> > I'm struggling with build configurations in VC-80. I have two specific
> > questions:
> >
> > 1) Does ${OutDir} get resolved for arbitrary paths (other than to
> > targets)? E.g. I want to specify the path to a text config file generated
> > during the build. The cmake command and the result of running the test
> > are shown below. Notice that the path to the test executable is properly
> > resolved but the path to the config file is not.
> >
> > # cmake:
> > ADD_TEST( T1010 appproptest
> > --Config=${CMAKE_CFG_INTDIR}/apppropteston.cfg )
>
> The tests are run by ctest which does not expand VS vars like OutDir.
> Try this:
>
> ADD_TEST( T1010 appproptest
> --Config=\${CTEST_CONFIGURATION_TYPE}/apppropteston.cfg )
>
> Note the backslash.  This should put "${CTEST_CONFIGURATION_TYPE}"
> literally into the test file.  CTest will expand this with the current
> configuration (-C option) when running tests

> > 2) Is it possible to force VC-80 to switch configurations from
> > cmake/ctest? My understanding that CMAKE_BUILD_TYPE is irrelevant in this
> > case, right? So I try to use -C option with ctest, with no apparent
> > result (notice "/build Release" in both cases). Is there something else
> > that needs to be done?
>
> CMAKE_BUILD_TYPE is for the Makefile generators, so it is irrelevant
> here.  The -C option was originally meant for running tests but not
> building.  I see no reason that it should not work for driving build
> too.  Please submit a feature request:
>
> http://www.cmake.org/Bug
>
> -Brad

Dr. Alex Makarenko
Australian Research Fellow
Centre for Autonomous Systems
(Australian Centre for Field Robotics)
Dept. of Mechanical & Mechatronic Engineering
J04 The University of Sydney 2006 NSW, AUSTRALIA
alexei[at]cas.edu.au
www.cas.edu.au
+61 (0)2 9036 7057 (tel)
+61 (0)2 9351 7474 (fax)