[CMake] FIND_PACKAGE list of components (...REQUIRED components)

Jan Woetzel jw at woetzelweb.de
Sat Jul 8 10:41:24 EDT 2006

Filipe Sousa wrote:

>Jan Woetzel wrote:
>

>>...retrieve list with all components listed after REQUIRED, e.g.
>>FIND_PACKAGE(Foo REQUIRED component1   component2 ... )
>>-->
>>component1; component2 ?
>>

>No

OK.
I implemented this feature.
See bug report #3494

The patch includes your bnugfix.

>>...arbitrary components (unknown to teh Find scripts and handled
>>through macros).
>>

>FIND_XXXX(FOO_COMPONENT1 ....)
>IF(NOT Foo_FIND_QUIETLY)
>  MESSAGE(STATUS "Found component1 ${FOO_COMPONET1}")
>ELSE()
>  IF(Foo_FIND_REQUIRED_component1)
>    MESSAGE(FATAL_ERROR "Missing component1")
>  ENDIF()
>ENDIF()

The Find scipt has to know *all* components that may occur.
But the user should be able to list what he wants.
Teh Fidn script can now use FOREACH on teh list and try each one.
This is particularly useful for unified handling unusual contrib libs
with foreach/macros.

>There is bug .. QUIET argument in the end [FIND_PACKAGE(Foo REQUIRED Comp1 Comp2 QUIET)
>] the quiet argument is ignored. ...

OK, thanks,
I included your patch within my patch, see bug report 3494.

Brad,
can you please apply the patch - I want to use the feature in the
upcoming FindwxWidgets.cmake

Best,
Jan.

--