[CMake] Where to find consistent documentation about CMake ?

Brandon J. Van Every bvanevery at gmail.com
Wed Jul 5 03:56:01 EDT 2006

Sagnes, Frederic wrote:
> We could buy the book, but I'm working in a corporate environment and it would take weeks until I get it.

I doubt that.  Use your own credit card, use your manager's credit card,
get reimbursed later.  This may sound cheeky of me, but as a
self-employed person, I gamble on whether I'm going to make or lose
money all the time.  Buying 1 book is not a gamble; in consultant math
it's "free" (anything below $100).  Unless I've seriously underestimated
the time delay of international deliveries or something.

> Did I miss something or the only available documentation is the command-line generated one, the FAQ and the Wiki?

The electronic documentation is haphazard.  Fortunately, the support on
this mailing list is excellent!  Reading what's available, scratching
your head, searching the archive, and then asking a question here is a
quite viable / speedy way to get through the learning curve.  Yes having
quality electronic docs would be nice.  I've ragged on 'em before.  But
I haven't stepped up to do them; like everyone else, development is a
higher priority than documentation.  So I continue with the plod,
scratch, archive, ask drill because I'm used to it, and it hasn't slowed
me down much.  People here are pretty quick to answer questions.

Cheers,
Brandon Van Every