[CMake] CMake and VC-80 configurations

Alex Makarenko alexei at cas.edu.au
Tue Jul 4 20:56:34 EDT 2006

High all,

I'm struggling with build configurations in VC-80. I have two specific
questions:

1) Does ${OutDir} get resolved for arbitrary paths (other than to targets)?
E.g. I want to specify the path to a text config file generated during the
build. The cmake command and the result of running the test are shown below.
Notice that the path to the test executable is properly resolved but the
path to the config file is not.

# cmake:
ADD_TEST( T1010 appproptest --Config=${CMAKE_CFG_INTDIR}/apppropteston.cfg )

>C:\proj\build>ctest -V -D ExperimentalTest -C Release -I 12,12
Test command: C:\proj\build\src\utils\orcaice\test\release\appproptest.exe
--Config=$(Ou
tDir)/appproptestoff.cfg

2) Is it possible to force VC-80 to switch configurations from cmake/ctest?
My understanding that CMAKE_BUILD_TYPE is irrelevant in this case, right? So
I try to use -C option with ctest, with no apparent result (notice "/build
Release" in both cases). Is there something else that needs to be done?

C:\proj\build>ctest -V -D ExperimentalBuild -C Release
   Site: AGAVE
   Build name: Win32-vs8
Start processing tests
Build project
Run command: "C:\PROGRA~1\MICROS~4\Common7\IDE\devenv.com" "proj.sln"
"/build" "
Release" "/project" "ALL_BUILD"
   Each symbol represents 1024 bytes of output.
   '!' represents an error and '*' a warning.

C:\proj\build>ctest -V -D ExperimentalBuild -C Debug
   Site: AGAVE
   Build name: Win32-vs8
Start processing tests
Build project
Run command: "C:\PROGRA~1\MICROS~4\Common7\IDE\devenv.com" "proj.sln"
"/build" "
Release" "/project" "ALL_BUILD"
   Each symbol represents 1024 bytes of output.
   '!' represents an error and '*' a warning.

Thanks for any pointers, alex