[CMake] CMake and incrediBuild

Brad King brad.king at kitware.com
Mon Jan 30 11:15:36 EST 2006

Sören Freudiger wrote:
> By using incrediBuild (for VS 2005) I always have to deactivate the
> compilation of the CMakeLists.txt file. Otherwise I get an access-violation
> error for the project file by incrediBuild. I think the problem is the
> renewing of the project file at compling CMakeLists.txt. So incrediBuild has
> access to an not vaild file.
> Is there any solution for that (except deactivating the CMakeList.txt
> compilation)?

When a CMakeLists.txt file changes CMake automatically re-generates the
build system to account for the changes.  If incrediBuild cannot handle
the possibility of the project files changing during the build then it
is a bug in that tool, not in CMake.  You can work-around the problem by
always manually re-running CMake to regenerate the project before
re-run or re-generate the project files.

-Brad