[CMake] Cannot bootstrap from CVS

Richard Wackerbarth rkw at dataplex.net
Sat Jan 28 08:13:57 EST 2006

On Jan 27, 2006, at 8:52 PM, William A. Hoffman wrote:
> At 09:52 PM 1/27/2006, you wrote:
>> On Jan 25, 2006, at 9:47 PM, William A. Hoffman wrote:
>>> It has picked curses which seems to be broken on your machine.
>>> Try this:  edit the CMakeCache.txt file and change CURSES_LIBRARY
>>> to ncurses instead of curses.  Then run make and see if it works.
>>
>> I changed the library to reference ncurses,
>> However, I ran into a problem.
>> Three of the files in the forms section reference "#include
>> <curses.h>" rather than "#include <ncurses.h>"
>>
>> By manually editing those files, I was able to get a build that seems
>> to work.
>
> I suppose the real problem is that your os ships with a broken
> libcurses.
> Perhaps you should uninstall it.  CMake will use ncurses if it does
> not
> find curses.

No can do.  It is not my machine, but rather a machine on which I
have a guest account.
I recognize that the libcurses distributed with this os is deficient.

I thought that setting the CURSES_LIBRARY was the method by which
"CMake will use ncurses"

But, at least on this machine, ncurses has installed the header /usr/
local/include/ncurses.h rather than /usr/local/include/curses.h .
Does this mean that the ncurses installation is also "broken"?
Or should the CMake code have some "#if" to decide which header to
include?

Richard