[CMake] VS8 and cmake 2.2.3 [Fwd: RE: [Fwd: visual studio 2005 free version]]

William A. Hoffman billlist at nycap.rr.com
Fri Jan 27 10:42:11 EST 2006

At 07:10 PM 1/26/2006, Steve Pieper wrote:
>Hi -
>
>Is anyone using the VC++ Express 2005?  We're running into the problems listed below.  Unless there's a known workaround I'll put this in the bugtracker.
>
>Andy,
>
>Just a little more information.  CMake 2.1 (sometime during that development lifetime)
>was able to perform its try/compiles and configure the project with the VS8 compiler.
>My ITK build with that could not locate windows.h but otherwise things built.

I just checked and someone here at Kitware is using vs express IDE builds for
VTK/ITK with no problems.   I think the clue is that it could not locate windows.h.
In addtion to installing VC++ Express 2005, you have to correctly install the SDK
for windows.   The instructions are here:

http://msdn.microsoft.com/vstudio/express/visualc/download/

I think if you follow all 4 steps it works fine.

-Bill