[CMake] Linking with -l and -L flags

William A. Hoffman billlist at nycap.rr.com
Fri Jan 13 19:29:01 EST 2006

At 05:12 PM 1/13/2006, Brad King wrote:
>kmorel wrote:
>>On 1/12/06 5:37 PM, "William A. Hoffman" <billlist at nycap.rr.com> wrote:
>>>You can I think do -static ..... -dynamic ....
>>Nope.  I get the following error.
>>ld: only one of -dynamic or -static can be specified
>
>On most UNIX-like platforms one can do this:
>
>  ... -Wl,-Bstatic -ltcl -Wl,-Bdynamic ...
>
>and only static tcl libraries will be considered by the linker.  The "-Wl," part tells the compiler to pass the following flag to the linker.  The "-Bstatic" and "-Bdynamic" switch the favored library type in the linker.
>
>It looks like those flags don't work with the Mac's linker.  You'll have to find the equivalent flags.  I suggest asking around in some Mac develoeper community.
>
>-Brad
>___________

This may be the flag we are looking for:

       -search_paths_first
              By  default  when  the  -dynamic  flag is in effect, the -lx and
              -weak-lx  options  first  search  for  a  file   of   the   form
              `libx.dylib'  in each directory in the library search path, then
              a file of the form `libx.a'  is  searched  for  in  the  library
              search  paths.   This  option  changes  it  so that in each path
              `libx.dylib' is searched for then `libx.a' before the next  path
              in the library search path is searched.

So, -Wl,-search_paths_first.

-Bill