SPAM-LOW: Re: SPAM-LOW: RE: [CMake] Using the free visual C++ toolkit

Reggie Burnett reggie at bytefx.com
Tue Jan 3 16:18:53 EST 2006

William A. Hoffman wrote:
> So the problem must be that CMAKE_USING_VC_FREE_TOOLS is not being set correctly.
> Look in CMakeFiles/CMakeError.log for this message:
>

>   "Determining if this is a free VC compiler failed with the following output:\n"
>         "${CMAKE_COMPILER_OUTPUT}\n\n")
>
> -Bill

Ok, so I see what is going on now.  It tries to compile a simple program
but because the free toolkit doesn't have ODBC the test fails therefore
it thinks the free toolkit is not there.  Chicken and egg.  It won't
turn on the flag that says the free toolkit is there unless that program
compiles successfully but it won't compile successfully because the free
toolkit doesn't include ODBC.

Reggie