SPAM-LOW: RE: [CMake] Using the free visual C++ toolkit

Reggie Burnett reggie at bytefx.com
Tue Jan 3 14:47:34 EST 2006

William A. Hoffman wrote:
> At 01:35 PM 1/3/2006, Reggie Burnett wrote:
>
>>> Are there any instructions on what needs to be done to use the Visual C++
>>> toolkit with cmake?
>>>

>> Specifically, how can I set things up so that cmake will properly generate
>> the cache files even though it can't find ODBC32.lib (and the other odbc lib
>> file)?
>>
>> Reggie
>>

> This may help:
>
> http://www.vtk.org/Wiki/ITK_MS_Free_Tool
>
> I think you need to install the SDK as well to get some of those libs.
>
> -Bill

Looking in my cmakecache.txt file, I don't find the
CMAKE_USING_VC_FREE_TOOLS symbol anywhere even though I ran the cmake
tool from within the free toolkit command prompt.  I'm wondering if that
could be at the root of my problem.  I'm using 2.2 patch 3.  I'm
download 2.2.3 now to see if that improves anything.