SPAM-LOW: RE: [CMake] Using the free visual C++ toolkit

Mathieu Malaterre mathieu.malaterre at kitware.com
Tue Jan 3 14:39:03 EST 2006

Reggie Burnett wrote:

>>C++

>>>Specifically, how can I set things up so that cmake will properly
>>
>>generate
>>
>>>the cache files even though it can't find ODBC32.lib (and the other odbc
>>
>>lib
>>
>>>file)?
>>>
>>>Reggie
>>
>>This may help:
>>
>>http://www.vtk.org/Wiki/ITK_MS_Free_Tool
>>
>>I think you need to install the SDK as well to get some of those libs.
>>

> Bill
>
> Thanks for the link!   I have the SDK installed but have two issues.  When I
> run cmake for the first time and it runs the compiler to see if it's
> present, then it fails because ODBC32 is not available (it's not included in
> the SDK or the toolkit).  I tried passing in the value of
> CMAKE_STANDARD_LIBRARIES on the command line.  That didn't work.  I wound up
> going through the wizard mode and set the value there.  I still got an error
> but the makefiles were built.
>
> Then when I do a nmake from the command line, nothing happens.  Doing a
> nmake /A /B /D gives the following output:
>
>       cmake_check_build_system  target does not exist
>     all             target does not exist
>   all             target does not exist
>   default_target  target does not exist
>
> Any idea what could be wrong?

If you use a real shell here is the script I use. I start a new cygwin
shell setup the env var (using $. ./free) 'et voila' !

$ cat ./free
export PATH='/cygdrive/c/Program Files/CMake20/bin/:/cygdrive/c/Program
Files/Microsoft Visual C++ Toolkit 2003/bin:/cygdrive/c/Program
Files/Microsoft SDK/Bin/Win64/':$PATH
export LIB="C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual C++ Toolkit
2003\lib;C:\Program Files\Microsoft SDK\lib"
export INCLUDE="C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual C++ Toolkit
2003\include;C:\Program Files\Microsoft SDK\include;C:\Program
Files\Microsoft SDK\include\Win64\mfc"

HTH
Mathieu