SPAM-LOW: RE: [CMake] Using the free visual C++ toolkit

Reggie Burnett reggie at bytefx.com
Tue Jan 3 14:21:24 EST 2006

> At 01:35 PM 1/3/2006, Reggie Burnett wrote:
> >>
> >> Are there any instructions on what needs to be done to use the Visual
> C++
> >> toolkit with cmake?
> >>

> >Specifically, how can I set things up so that cmake will properly
> generate
> >the cache files even though it can't find ODBC32.lib (and the other odbc
> lib
> >file)?
> >
> >Reggie
>
> This may help:
>
> http://www.vtk.org/Wiki/ITK_MS_Free_Tool
>
> I think you need to install the SDK as well to get some of those libs.

Bill

Thanks for the link!   I have the SDK installed but have two issues.  When I
run cmake for the first time and it runs the compiler to see if it's
present, then it fails because ODBC32 is not available (it's not included in
the SDK or the toolkit).  I tried passing in the value of
CMAKE_STANDARD_LIBRARIES on the command line.  That didn't work.  I wound up
going through the wizard mode and set the value there.  I still got an error
but the makefiles were built.

Then when I do a nmake from the command line, nothing happens.  Doing a
nmake /A /B /D gives the following output:

      cmake_check_build_system  target does not exist
    all             target does not exist
  all             target does not exist
  default_target  target does not exist

Any idea what could be wrong?