[CMake] CVS CMake: makefile install rule broken

Zachary Pincus zpincus at stanford.edu
Tue Feb 28 06:15:36 EST 2006

Just a heads up in case this isn't known (let me know if I should
file a bug):

I just checked out CMake from CVS and found that it generates invalid
makefiles on my system. (Darwin; CMake installed to /usr/local.)

Specifically, the makefiles have build rules that look like this:
# Special rule for the target install
install: preinstall
	@echo "Install the project..."
	/cmake -DBUILD_TYPE=. -P cmake_install.cmake

(note the /cmake bit).

Fortunately, there are old_install rules that work fine for now --
thanks to whoever added them. Presumably this is a known issue with
regard to the bleeding edge cmake. If not, hopefully the problem is
clear.

Zach