[CMake] padding link arguments to the linker

Mike Jackson imikejackson at gmail.com
Wed Feb 8 18:57:53 EST 2006

The -install_name option is _already_ being specified by cmake
somewhere so when I tried your suggestion, I get an error during link
phase that the -install_name option is being specified twice.

Is there a master config file somewhere for cmake that I can just
edit? How else would cmake know to put in this option?

On Feb 8, 2006, at 9:47 AM, Brad King wrote:

> mike jackson wrote:
>> I am building the official VTK 5.x release on OS X and I would
>> like to
>> add a custom link argument for all the generated libraries. I am
>> building dynamic libraries and I would like to set the "install-name"
>> of each library to "@executable_path/../Plugins" so I can include the
>> libs in my .app package. Normally I would set this in the Xcode build
>> settings but since I am using cmake I have no idea where to set that.
>> The link argument would normally be something like "-install_name
>> @executable_path/../Plugins/libvtkCommon.dylib"
>
> The VTK CMake code provides an interface to allow some
> customization of the build.  Create a file Common/
> LocalUserOptions.cmake in either the VTK build tree or the source
> tree.  Add this line:
>
> SET_TARGET_PROPERTIES(vtkCommon PROPERTIES LINK_FLAGS
>  "-install_name @executable_path/../Plugins/libvtkCommon.dylib")
>
> Re-run CMake on the build tree and then build again.  The vtkCommon
> library should be linked with this option.  Then do the same for
> the other kits.
>
> -Brad

--------
Mike Jackson