[CMake] cmake license question (Was: CMake Modules)

William A. Hoffman billlist at nycap.rr.com
Thu Aug 31 08:54:09 EDT 2006

I would like to create some sort of process for getting modules in to
CMake releases.   At that point, the modules should conform to the CMake
BSD license.   I don't want inconsistent licenses in the CMake release
tree.

However, licensing aside, there needs to be some sort of process for
getting module contributions into CMake.   I was thinking of using
the Cygwin adoption model.   Basically, someone creates a useful module,
and posts it to this list, or some other list cmake-modules?
Then the people vote on the module.   If it gets 5 votes, then
it is moved into CMake CVS, and eventually into a CMake release.
The module would have to conform to the standards put in the readme.txt
in Modules, also the contributor  would have to provide a link to the
module for download.

-Bill