[CMake] CMake Modules

Brandon J. Van Every bvanevery at gmail.com
Wed Aug 30 13:14:18 EDT 2006

Andreas Schneider wrote:

> since there are quite some people in the #cmake channel at freenode, we
> opened a project at Google Code called cmake-modules. We maintain and
> collect modules there.
>
> http://code.google.com/p/cmake-modules/
>
> To get a module in the repository it needs to be at least under the New
> BSD License. Dual license with GPLv2 would be appreciated.

No it wouldn't be appreciated.  I don't want an archive of GPL polluted
code that I have to sort through.  GPL is *really* inappropriate for
mere modules for a mere build system that's under BSD license itself.
By asking for a dual license, you're already admitting that BSD is a
requirement.  Please just drop the silly GPL requirement / suggestion.

Cheers,
Brandon Van Every