[CMake] SOURCE_GROUP

Tristan Carel tristan.carel at gmail.com
Tue Aug 29 18:32:44 EDT 2006

On 8/29/06, Jacob Foshee <jacobf at gmail.com> wrote:
> Howdy,
> I am having trouble getting the SOURCE_GROUP command to work.
>
> I am using Visual Studio 8 and am not able to get any additional
> folders to show up.
>
> Is there an order dependence as to when this command should appear?
>
> Thanks!  Great tool, by the way!

Here is an example to describe you the two ways to use the SOURCE_GROUP command:

PROJECT(testgroup)
SET(sources
foo.h
foo_a.cpp
foo_a.h
foo_b.cpp
foo_b.h
foo_c.cpp
foo_c.h
foo_d.cpp
foo_d.h
main.cpp
)
SOURCE_GROUP(foo_code FILES foo_a.cpp foo_b.cpp foo_c.cpp foo_d.cpp)
SOURCE_GROUP(foo_headers REGULAR_EXPRESSION "foo.*\\.h")
ADD_EXECUTABLE(testgroup ${sources})

I guess there are no particular dependence relative to the call location.

by the way, you can also consult the FAQ:
http://www.cmake.org/Wiki/CMake_FAQ

bye
--
Tristan Carel