[CMake] Using cmake under windows

Mon Aug 28 09:16:14 EDT 2006

Cheers guys,

I'm trying to use cmake under windows in order to generate VC8
makefiles. I have read
http://cmake.org/Wiki/CMake_Generator_Specific_Information chapter about
windows and written down a sript that looks like this :

set path=d:\yrenard\platform-sdk\bin;%path%
set include=d:\yrenard\platform-sdk\include;%include%
set lib=d:yrenard\platform-sdk\lib;%lib%
call "d:\visual studio 8\vc\vcvarsall.bat"

however, when calling 'cmake .' in my directory (even in the sample
directory provided by cmake documentation), the linker complains not
finding 'user32.lib'. This library is present in the
'd:yrenard\platform-sdk\lib' directory. The error happens before cmake
does anything on the project, it happens on the testing phase while
cmake checks the compilator (cmTryCompileExec)...

I'm getting mad with this error.
The samples of the platform SDK compile correctly.

I'm using Windows 2003 Server, Visual Studio 8, Visual C++ 8, Platform
SDK 2003 R2, cmake 2.4.3. I don't use cygwin.

Could someone help ?
Best regards,
Yann Renard