[CMake] getting rid of additional quotes in generated vcproj PreprocessorDefines

Brad King brad.king at kitware.com
Fri Aug 25 21:25:10 EDT 2006

erwin at erwincoumans.com wrote:
> Is there a way to get rid of the additional &quot
> Given
> ADD_DEFINITIONS(-DSN_TARGET_PS3)
> Then cmake autogenerates:
>             PreprocessorDefinitions=","SN_TARGET_PS3","
> I just want:
>     PreprocessorDefinitions="SN_TARGET_PS3"
>
> Is there a template that I can edit to solve this, or does it require
> C/C++ modifications?

It requires modification of C++ code in
CMake/Source/cmLocalVisualStudio7Generator.cxx or a nearby file.
However the quotes were probably added for a reason.  Please submit a
bug report here:

http://www.cmake.org/Bug

Also please include a use case where the quotes actually break something.

Thanks,
-Brad