*NIX installation configuration (was [CMake] Cmake and Win32 plugin linking issues.)

Jamie Jones hentai_yagi at yahoo.com.au
Fri Aug 25 11:02:10 EDT 2006

On Wed, 2006-08-23 at 23:32 -0700, Alan W. Irwin wrote:

> set(infodir
> ${CMAKE_INSTALL_PREFIX}/share/info
> CACHE
> PATH
> "install location for info files"
> )
>
> gives a good (LFHS rather than autotools) default install location for info
> files which the user has the option to override using ccmake or
> -Dinfodir=/path/to/info/files, and which you consistently use as the
> DESTINATION when you install info files using CMake. You could similarly set
> up any of the other autotools install paths mentioned above using CMake.

Thanks for the tip. It was very handy for helping me make limited
autotools compatibility for package maintainers :)

Now to get my hands on an OSX system and learn to generate nice
universal bundles :)

Regards,
Yagisan
--
GPG/PGP signed mail preferred. No HTML mail. No MS Word attachments
PGP Key ID 0x4B6E7209