*NIX installation configuration (was [CMake] Cmake and Win32 plugin linking issues.)

Jamie Jones hentai_yagi at yahoo.com.au
Wed Aug 23 05:49:49 EDT 2006

On Mon, 2006-08-21 at 09:53 -0400, William A. Hoffman wrote:

> OK, I see what it does...    The plugins actually link to the .exe file.
> I did not know you could do that....   I am not sure that can be done from cmake.
> We do not support circular referenced libraries which is basically what this is.
> Seems like it would be better to re factor the code a bit.  You could make the main
> a dll, then write a very small main that just calls WinMain in that dll.   So,
> create a DoomsdayMain.dll and have Doomsday.exe and all the plugins link to it.
> The code for Doomsday.exe would be reduced to a single main that calls a main found
> in DoomsdayMain.dll.   All of the plugins would link to DoomsdayMain.dll.  Having
> not looked at the code, I am not sure how hard it would be.  But, it would fix
> the build issues on windows and avoid adding non-standard mac flags as well.
>
> -Bill

Sorry for the delay in replying, I've been without net access.

Thanks mate, I had a similar conclusion, but at this stage it's not
feasible to change the code just yet (new beta release soonish).

At this stage I'll concentrate on getting *NIX and OSX going.

When we used autotools, I used to pass the following options to the
autotools to control binary locations etc:

## Set the configure options here. Attempt to comply with debian policy.
CONFIG_OPTIONS= --host=$(DEB_HOST_GNU_TYPE) --build=
$(DEB_BUILD_GNU_TYPE) --prefix=/usr \
                --bindir=/usr/games --libdir=/usr/lib/deng \
                --mandir=/usr/share/man --infodir=/usr/share/info \
                --with-datadir-name=deng --datadir=/usr/share/games

I understand I can use -DCMAKE_INSTALL_PREFIX=/usr to emulate the
--prefix=/usr but how would I emulate the other flags ?

Regards,
Yagisan
--
GPG/PGP signed mail preferred. No HTML mail. No MS Word attachments
PGP Key ID 0x4B6E7209