[CMake] Re: OpenSceneGraph and CMake

Brandon J. Van Every bvanevery at gmail.com
Tue Aug 22 12:40:55 EDT 2006

Luigi Calori wrote:

> for this assembly, cvs.exe, tar, gzip and similar stuff are required,
> they are usually available under Linux but not under windows, so I had
> to collect them...

cmake -E tar [options] can create a tarball for you.  Easier than
worrying about where the hell a tar or gzip program is.

> any suggestion for a "windows developer pack?" cygwin? msys? .. the
> cvs.exe I found does not work
> well with TortoiseCvs.

Sure.  Dump cvs and use darcs.  ;-)  More seriously, you want Dev-Cpp.
It's an IDE for MinGW, and it has a packaging system.  I don't use the
IDE myself, just the packaging system.  It's pretty much the de facto
packaging system for MinGW.  http://www.bloodshed.net/devcpp.html

Cheers,
Brandon Van Every