[CMake] Shared Library Dependencies with Visual Studio 2005 or 2003 Generator

Ryan Connelly Ryan_Connelly at intercept.com
Thu Aug 17 13:39:13 EDT 2006

I have a question about TARGET_LINK_LIBRARY(). I noticed that when I add
linked libraries to a shared library and then link that library with
another shared library, the last library linked includes ALL previously
liked libraries when linking.

In other words:

We have 3 shared (dll) libraries: A, B, C. Library B depends on and
links with shared library A. Library C depends on B (and not A).
However, the link line for C includes A. Shouldn't it just include B. If
I remove the A library from C's link line, I am still able to link the
library. It seems that Cmake is adding these extra libraries unnecessarily.

I am using Visual Studio 2005.

Ryan Connelly
Software Engineer                            (404)352-0111 (ext. 965)  (Tel)
Intercept Technology Inc.                    (404)352-3744             (Fax)
Ryan_Connelly at Intercept.com                  http://www.intercept.com
Intercept Design Group                       http://InterceptDG.org