[CMake] FindSWIG fails

Gheorghe Postelnicu gheorghe.postelnicu at gmail.com
Thu Aug 17 11:15:21 EDT 2006

Hi,

I want to use SWIG and I have a first example as mentioned in the
user's guide, but when I launch cmake, it fails to locate the swig
binary. Below is the message displayed:

CMake Error: Error in cmake code at
 /usr/pubsw/packages/cmake/current/share/CMake/Modules/FindSWIG.cmake:45:
 MESSAGE Swig was not found on the system. Please specify the location of
 Swig.
 Current CMake stack:
 /autofs/homes/011/postelni/symAsterix/code/mriScout/tests/swig/src/CMakeLists.
 txt;/usr/pubsw/packages/cmake/current/share/CMake/Modules/CMakeCInformation.cm
 ake;/usr/pubsw/packages/cmake/current/share/CMake/Modules/CMakeCXXInformation.
 cmake;/usr/pubsw/packages/cmake/current/share/CMake/Modules/FindSWIG.cmake

Swig is installed on the system:

[postelni at asterix postelni ]$ which swig
/usr/bin/swig

When manually specifying the SWIG_DIR to /usr/bin, things work out.
Finally, we have installed cmake 2.4.3.

Any suggestions on how to fix this?

Thanks,
--