[CMake] Cygwin ccmake 2.4.2 CMAKE_BUILD_TYPE empty

Brad King brad.king at kitware.com
Tue Aug 1 09:49:02 EDT 2006

Brandon J. Van Every wrote:
> William A. Hoffman wrote:
>> The CMAKE_BUILD_TYPE is by default empty on all UNIX/posix platforms.
>> Sort of goes back to when there was no build type for unix.  I suppose
>> the chicken project could force it to not be empty.   if empty, then do
>> a cache force to what you want.
>> At 06:51 PM 7/31/2006, Brandon J. Van Every wrote:
>>
>>> I'm building with ccmake 2.4.2 on Cygwin.  When I do:
>>>
>>> IF(CYGWIN)
>>> MESSAGE("Build type is ${CMAKE_BUILD_TYPE}")
>>> SET_TARGET_PROPERTIES(libchicken PROPERTIES DEBUG_POSTFIX "-0")
>>> SET_TARGET_PROPERTIES(libchicken PROPERTIES RELEASE_POSTFIX "-0")
>>> SET_TARGET_PROPERTIES(libchicken PROPERTIES MINSIZEREL_POSTFIX "-0")
>>> SET_TARGET_PROPERTIES(libchicken PROPERTIES RELWITHDEBINFO_POSTFIX "-0")
>>> ENDIF(CYGWIN)
>>>
>>> I get "Build type is ".  Also the postfixes are ignored.
> As noted, postfixing doesn't appear to work at all on Cygwin.

None of the postfixes is chosen because the build type is not set to
Debug, Release, MinSizeRel, or RelWithDebInfo.  If you set the
CMAKE_BUILD_TYPE to Debug you will get the DEBUG_POSTFIX.

> Is there any way to get both cygchicken-0.dll and libchicken.dll.a ?

Not currently.  This looks like the way cygwin does library versions, so
we could make this the implementation of the VERSION or SOVERSION
property on Cygwin (where those properties are currently ignored).
Please create a feature request for this in the bug tracker.

Thanks,
-Brad