[CMake] Re: CMake 2.4.3 - LINK_DIRECTORIES/LIBPATH

Jan Woetzel jw at mip.informatik.uni-kiel.de
Tue Aug 1 01:59:34 EDT 2006

Ji,
just updated from cmake 2.42. to 2.43 with Windows Visual Studiio 7.1
generator.
I am running into problems with changed behavior of
LINK_DIRECTORIES.

The correct LIBPATH is missign on linker call.
It seems that the absolute path is converted to a wrong relative path.

I.e. with LIBRARY_OUTPUT_PATH = "C:\home\jw\build\BIAS\lib"
LINK_DIRECTORIES( ${LIBRARY_OUTPUT_PATH} )
-->
"/LIBPATH:..\..\..\lib\Debug"

which is not the correct relative location from a subdirectory.

I will try to isolate the problem, ideally with a minimal example.
Everything worked fine with 2.42.

(1) Is there an option to completely disable using relative paths ?
I prefer absolute path anyway because of much easier debugging.

Jan.

--

  Dipl.-Ing. Jan Woetzel
  University of Kiel