[CMake] Why does cmake 2.4.0 (beta) compile header files?

Phillip Hellewell sshock at gmail.com
Thu Apr 20 16:59:46 EDT 2006

Why does CMake version 2.4.0 cause VS7 to compile header files?

That's really weird.  I don't even understand what it means to compile a
header file, but sure enough, it is doing it.  I think VS7 is dumb for
trying to compile a header file, but I know it never had this problem with
older versions of CMake.  So could it have something to do with setting
ObjectFile, which was put in to fix another bug?

I've always put header files in my ADD_EXECUTABLE command to get the header
files to show up in a VS7 project.

I don't mind taking the header files out of the ADD_EXECUTABLE command if
there is some other place I am supposed to put them to get them to show up
in the project.

I tried adding the list of header files to a SOURCE_GROUP, but that only
works if the header files are also part of the ADD_EXECUTABLE.

Thanks,
Phillip Hellewell