[CMake] how to manage different library names for release/debug ?

Silvano Imboden s.imboden at cineca.it
Fri Apr 14 12:03:31 EDT 2006

Hi all

I am writing (maybe another :-)) some cmake code

in order to compile the latest wxWindows using Cmake.

The library names should use this form

wx{platform}{version}{unicode}{debug}_{toolkit}.[lib|dll]

platform = ..

unicode = ..

debug = d if debug, nothing otherwise

toolkit = ...

The problem is that the "d" for debug is in the middle of the name,

so I cant use CMAKE_DEBUG_POSTFIX.

So, which is the correct/suggested approach in this case ?

I am wondering for the existence of a couple of hidden variables like

PROJECT_RELEASE_LIBRARY_NAME/  PROJECT_DEBUG_LIBRARY_NAME .

Thanks in advance,

Best regards

-- Silvano

Silvano Imboden